Thread: Pancreatitis
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
yorkiebaby123
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Princess View Post
Oh I am so sorry to hear about your baby with pancreatitis. My Izzy was diagnosed with pancreatitis/SIBO and IBD since last November. She was on The Honest Kitchen which is a great food but to keep her alive I had to bite the bullet and she is on Purina EN canned. She is on several supplements and Tylan.

I also talked with a holistic vet and nutrionist and in Izzy's case they all agreed to keep her on the canned. Please do what's right for your baby even if it's going on the RX foods for a little while to stabalize her.

We spent thousands of dollars to keep Izzy alive (she has had 4 episodes since November 08 and right now she is going on 3 months episode free since we swtiched to Purina EN and giving her Tylan).

We had every test done to help guide us on treatment plan. What blood tests has your vet done?

Keep us posted.
Thank you!! I honestly dont know the tests, i just know she has done bloodwork. I have a call into my vet to call me back regarding the test mentioned above too. This is all new to me so im not sure what im doing! She mentioned EN, and told me to look up anything i felt comfortable with that was LOW FAT. I have been reading about Royal Canin vet diet (LF or HE), but all the foods, including the regular line have all the same ingredients. I had worked so hard to find them a food without by-products or corn, real meat, that had veggies/fruits/grains, and now im back at square one having to get a food that doesnt SEEM healthy. I will put her on whatever she needs, but i have heard so many bad things about prescription diets! But now we aren't messing around with random episodes of tummy aches, she has SOMETHING wrong with her and i have to change her diet asap. Her vet said she is not in the critical/fatal phase of this, she is very active/playful, etc, but did have a night that she was refusing food/vomiting, accompanied by several days of diarrhea, which is what prompted the vet visit and bloodwork. I will put her on the EN if thats what she needs, for sure! But i've heard so many stories from people telling me that vets get a cut from prescription food sales/ etc and they dont need to take any nutrition courses at vet school (how that is possible i still dont know!), so i have been weary of their food reccomendations for years....
yorkiebaby123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!