View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanders' mom View Post
I have been feeding California Naturals Lamb I was told prior to feeding this food, that this is an american company, all U.S products, nice big clean facility, etc. I researched the ingredients, etc. I felt it was a good choice.

Zander had tummy issues a few months ago so I put him on it first to Zander, he likes it, it has 2 main ingredients, so his stools are the size of Peanut M&Ms, sorry. Recently I put Jazzie on it, she did NOT take to it, so I started putting wet meat with it to entice her to eat, it worked but still she is not thrilled about the food.

I've been mixing the meat with the dry using my fingers, when I was done I noticed, hair on my fingers, I thought - huh?? Today upon looking CLOSELY at the kibble I SEE hairs STICKING out of the kibble WHHHHHAAATTTT???

I get on the phone with California Naturals customer service, she tells me that it is impossible to get all the hair off the meat before PROCESSING! wwwhhhhaattt?? I respond -the meat at the grocery store does not come with hair or feathers!! then she tries to tell me that dogs eat hair when they are in the wild feeding! My dog is NOT in the wild!! there should NOT be hair in the food , whhhhaatttt???

Oooooh my gosh, I am beyooooonnnddd FUMING MADDDD . She offered me a coupon! Can you saaay - Smaaaack!

Am I over reacting, because she seemed soooo calm! Perhaps I am over reacting?

It is not a bad idea for you to moisten your hands and see what comes off your dogs dry kibble. Does your lamb formula have hair? or your venison formula have hair?

I don't even know what the heck to feed anymore, I have Zero trust in any of these dog food manufacturers.

You have every right to be concerned. However, the pet food industry is not regulated as well as ours (ha, ha, ha, we all know how great that has been in the recent past). Have you seen the feathers on a frier chicken.

I've been researching foods, because I have a girl that appears to have food allergies. So far Merrick and Halo come out on top.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!