View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I was a bit surprised when I took my oldest to her first dentist appt. when she was 2 or 3. It's a pediatric dentist and no, they do not let the parents go back with them. I know they will if they absolutely can't get the kid to cooperate but believe me, the ONE time I went back - to make sure they were able to give her the "sleepy juice" when she was getting several crowns put on - it was a nightmare. I really think she acted up more with me there. They have admitted to me that they were a bit nervous going back by themselves at first but that the ladies that work there are just awesome about making them feel comfy and not scared. Mine are now 15 and 13 years old and have no dentist fears. They were even shocked when a couple years ago I told them that the dentist gives them a shot to numb their mouth. He was so good at distracting them, that they never noticed. Honestly, if you trust the dentist, I don't see any reason to refuse to see this dentist just because of this preference of their's. But of course, it's your choice.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!