View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
yorkie mad
♥Tiny Tia my Furbaby♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Hi, I went back and read the two threads on the place Sadie is from.

I want to urge you again to reconsider. The website and the registry make it clear that this is at the very best a major BYB operation. It is very common for scammers to offer to meet you away from their homes. They say it is for your convenience, or so the dog can meet you on "neutral" territory, but it is really so that you don't see the conditions the dogs are raised in.

As has been stated repeatedly, you are opening yourself up to a world of heartache if it turns out that this puppy is sick. Think about how attached you are to her already, and she doesn't even live with you yet. There is zero chance that you will return her in six months, no matter what her condition is, and the breeder is counting on that.

Against all the red flags on the website and this dog's registration and the fact that you haven't seen the dog's home, you are stacking against it that this man seems very nice. Lots of people can be SUPER nice when they are selling you something. It doesn't mean he is honest.

Please also consider that by buying this puppy, you will almost certainly be perpetuating the cycle of misery of abused dogs forced to breed unhealthy puppies, many of whom will end up euthanized in shelters because unethical breeders don't care about pet overpopulation.

A lot of us have puppy mill dogs - I have one - but most of us did not know what we do now about puppy mills and bad breeding practices. You have this information now. Please use it to make the right choice, both for you and for all dogs, who have no one to speak for them.

By the way, in MO, I don't think you would need to spend $1K to get a well-bred puppy, $700 would probably be enough. A rescue or an older dog is also an excellent option. Please keep in mind how much money you are going to need for vet costs EVEN IF the pup is healthy - several hundred in the first year, easily.
I know where your coming from on this Quick Silver but isn't it best that she gets her rather than someone with no knowledge of Yt?
At the end of the day these cute pups are going to be sold to someone and by going by Rachels thread she is aware of the consequences.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!