View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #39
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

i'm sorry too if i've been rude back, i am scared and worried, who wouldn't be, even if i bought her from the fanciest place in the world and spent a crap ton of money on her, i'd still be worried and scared, it's my first puppy, that's a big step, and i know it MIGHT be a challenge with her health, but frankly so would ANY PUPPY. just because you get a dog from a breeder who charges you 1500 and has all these health guarantees doesn't mean your doggie can't get sick, there is NO guarantees in pets, dogs get sick, they die, it's awful and super sad, and i feel so bad for you that you've had the bad end of the stick with your own puppy experiences, but it hurts me that so many people will only talk about how bad their experience with a young puppy was, i know you are all trying to warn me from personal griefs, but just because it might have happened to some of you, doesn't mean it WILL FOR SURE happen to us. like i said raising a puppy has no health gurantee, you can say that the parents were healthy when the pup was bred and has no genetic problems from mom and dad, maybe even back to great grandparents, but that still doesn't guarantee that the puppy will always be healthy and not get some disease or sickness or even have a genetic thing pop up in the future. paying 1000 for a puppy doesn't make me feel any more secure that my puppy will be healthy and perfect...so personally i'd rather save money and get one from a person that I TRUST and do the best i can to raise her and give her everything in the world that i can.

and about the vet bills, we are getting a pet insurance plan that covers all vet visits, shots, tests, ext. and even comes with free spaying under the plan. i think the only thing it doesn't cover is heartworm meds and flea stuff, but you can add to the plan for that as well, i'm sure it doesn't cover major problems or surgery, but it does cover a lot, so i think we're good in the vet bills dept.
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!