View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #35
yorkie_mama22
Currently Suspended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandSadie View Post
i was afraid to tell my parents for the fear that they would say exactly what you are trying to say, that i didn't think it through and that i didn't know what i was getting myself into, but honestly, i'm well aware of everything that comes with having her, i'm aware that my life will be focused on her and that i won't have the flexibility to go whenever i want to, but i was ready for that, i'm home alone almost every night with hubbie working 2-10pm shifts, i wanted a puppy to love and train and teach and watch her grow up, it's boring and lonely being home by yourself, and i haven't made any friends in my new town yet, so yea, i've thought about this, and i know exactly what i'm doing...

telling parents anything is hard for me, they are very opinionated and judgmental at times, but they are fine with Sadie, they just don't like inside pets, and i can't blame them, i wouldn't be able to have a large dog or cat in my house either, but toy breed dogs are so cute, and small, and if she pukes or pees or poops by accident on something she wasn't supposed to, i'm willing to clean it and her up and teach her the right place to go, i love my pup and i haven't even gotten her yet...

I'm not trying to judge you, I understand you totally. I wanted a small dog for all the same reasons, to take care of, to have as a companion, to teach, hold and love. I think that is what makes a good pet owner. We just want to have a healthy dog we can love and live a long good life with us. My dogs life was ended short, sure I bet there is some things I may of done different, and theres ALOTS of things the breeder could of done different. The pain, the heartache and money I have went through was huge. And maybe not responsible in some peoples eyes. My mom tells me I have bad luck with dogs and I shouldn't get any more for a while and that I need to be more careful who I trust when it comes to getting a dog. This is the second dog I have had horrible luck with, first was a small puppy that died at 10 weeks old, my hubby got me the pup and he was about 7 weeks old, a little shihtzu, he was tiny, left his mom too soon. My vet didn't even tell me he shouldn't be outside or any of this information I have seen on here about young puppies. He had one set of shots and I had him outside on the grass a couple times and he was perfectly fine and acted normal and then one morning I woke up after having him only 3 weeks and he was gone! My vet said he thinks it may of been a genetic problem but who knows, why didn't he tell me about the dangers of having a small puppy and all this advice I never got. We are trying to help you only.

And just trying to help you make a good decision on where to get a puppy from. That is SO important. You haven't mentioned yet what you would do in the case of lots of medical bills, what would you do if you get your baby and heaven forbid she gets extremely sick and has to have testing, blood work and medication? Nobody wishes this upon you but this is a chance you are taking. I know you want a puppy so bad I would LOVE to have another one right now but I cant and I won't and I am just way to scared to get another dog right now. So many people are out there who seem so nice and loving but really they aren't and this guys has so many red flags. I know this is off topic now but I just want you to know that I am not trying to be rude to you I understand you and can feel you love for wanting to have a dog, I don't want to sound like a parent either lol but I can't help it because I am a parent lol But sometimes we don't see things the way they should be seen and we need some help to look through situations through other peoples eyes I don't want you to feel I am being mean to you please, I just want to help you and get the word out and hopefully save somebody lots of heartache because it is not fun to watch your dog suffer
yorkie_mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!