View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #12
sdnylz
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I went to Virginia Beach for three days for a vacation and left Jackson with my dad, his wife, my brother and their two dogs. Jackson adores all of them, loves it over there. Anyways, he was absolutely fine when I arrived home to pick him up... he was sooo excited to see me, it was so cute!

I didn't get home until around 8pm so he had already been fed dinner. My dad's wife informed me that she ran out of Jackson's food (Innova) so she had to give all the dogs Beneful mixed in with their wet food for dinner. She knows Beneful is terrible but she had an extra bag and no other food. Jackson does not have, what I would call, a sensitive stomach. He never gets sick from switching up his dog food (He will eat Canidae over at my dads house, no problem, even tho he's not used to it etc), however, he's never eaten a "1 star dog food" with such terrible ingredients as Beneful.

I would say about 45 minutes-1 hour after I got home, he threw up and it was all his food in the throw up. Then he threw up again, all the food again. I thought maybe he had just gotten over-excited from seeing me and that's what made him sick. But he threw up about 4 more times after that, the last 2 being nothing but just clear mucus. I was planning on taking a trip to the vet the next morning, however, he was totally himself and back to normal again so I didn't bother.

The only thing she told me was that he had been eating a lot of grass earlier that day but Jackson literally always eats grass and it never makes him throw up, lol.

Anyways, he's fine now, but do you think Beneful could have made him THAT sick?
poor baby! I think it was definitely the sudden change of food plus the poor quality of it. question do you feed him Innova kibble or canned food? hope he gets better
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!