View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #8
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
That would be my concern too that she is not getting a balanced diet. What kind of kibble are you feeding and what kind of canned food? Mine are on either Canidae or the Chicken Soup Puppy and I add a little canned Pedigree. Have you tried the new canned Pedigree Healthy Digestion? Mine love that. I give them little bits as a treat sometimes. You might try grinding up the dry food and mixing the canned food and make little dog food meat balls. Some people add a little cottage cheese or hard boiled eggs or scrambled eggs. Sometimes just a tad bit of Nutri-cal might spark their appetite. I know you worry about her. Just keep encouraging her to eat the good stuff.
Have you consulted your vet? I had one female that refused to eat past 35 days into pregnancy... we tried every home made recipe but she was just too nauseous to eat ... vet visit ... fixed problem. He gave me "science diet a/d" and she loved it... it is a very rich food.. prescription available only. I have used for different situations through the years. I wean my puppies with it sometimes. It is as i said very rich and may be fattening. what we did was to start with the a/d then mixing a little of the dry kibbles... soon she was back eating the dry kibbles with the a/d mixed in...
Ask the vet.. he may have a good advice worth to be followed.
Good luck !
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!