View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #40
ralphier
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillymae View Post
Oh, See it is neurotic behavior. Kinda like a kid with ADHD, I know I was one of those kids. He's on vacation and he's doing fine, he's not bored at this time so no licking. And he's using his hyper energy elsewhere. Definitely behavioral. You need to find something to do to redirect his unspent energy when you get home. Play ball or chase around the house. Mine likes the chase around the house or yard. He gets the Mad Dogs and burns off the energy.
That's what I was thinking too. He is around my entire family which he LOVES, and they are out in the country so he can run free without a leash for the 1st time in his life. He literally has not even looked at his wee wee since we've been here. The poor boy is just probably understimulated. He spends all day with me and I do play with him throughout the day but it is just me and him and Agnes until my bf comes home at night. And our backyard has a pool and the intercoastal canal so I do not let him have free roam like he does here. I run around with him outside here and follow him everywhere but it is not like he is on a leash, it is so cute to see him so happy. It's not like he does not get activity at home but it is not like the amount of stimulation he has been getting here.

So yeah, more activity might be exactly what he needs.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!