View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #179
IHeartSnS
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have 1 rescue, kind of, and one from one of those horrible puppy stores in the mall. So both are puppy mill puppies but healthy as could be. My Shilo came to me 3 years ago, I was actually in the process of adopting a dauschund when my mom called me and told me she had a yorkie for me. What happened was one of her friends lives next to a horrible puppy mill that specializes in yorkies and the dogs would get out and the owner wouldn't try to get them back! So my moms friend would rescue them and give them to good homes, Shilo was out on the streets for a week before she actually got ahold of her she was only 3.5lbs when I got her she's now almost 7. The poor thing didn't know how to bark or play or anything she was pitiful! But today you wouldn't even be able to tell of her past.

Spike (the one in my picture) came from the pet store, I wasn't even planning on getting a dog that night, my husband was in Iraq and I was out shopping and just asked to see him. Well he was sick (big surprise) and so cute and helpless that he melted my heart and I bought him on the spot.

Neither of my dogs are "show dog" material but I still love them with all my heart
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!