View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietimothy View Post
I would get payment 1st. And alot of people do the pick of litter but after what happen to a friend of my I am not sure I would do that. She stud out her yorkie, let the lady take him to her house, (becuase her little girl does not like other girl dog in her house) any way this ladies friend called her and said she thought her yorkie was in heat and could she take him to her house and use him. She let her, will 60 some days later the 1st lady called to tell her they had 3 puppies but said the her other friends did not take. well.....I was talk to the husband of the 1st lady that she breed to and come to find out the friends dog did take and she only had one puppy so she lied and keep it for herself!!! I would have had to take a drive to the lady's house and she would have had to face me, but my friend let it go.

So what do you do when there is only one puppy??
First of all the bitch always comes to the home of the stud. I would never let my boys out of my sight. My studs are championed so, I'm extra cautious.

If there is only one puppy, and the contract says pic of the litter your only option is to give the pup to the stud owner or pay the stud fee. That is if is agreeable to both parties.

My dogs aren't for public stud, unless I know the owners of a bitch on a personal level, usually only with fellow exhibitors that are well known to me , approved bitches (pedigree) and have been cleared through my mentor.

I have used my mentors studs and the breeding only producing one female, which is usually what my mentor wants. She usually forgoes her pic and tells me she'll wait until the next litter that will produce more than one female. That is why it is only best to do business with those you know on a personal level.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!