Thread: Broken leg
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #33
cynsir
The 3 Musketeers
Donating Member

My Max broke both of his front legs. My vet put him in casts for 4 weeks and then when she took them off, discovered that his legs were not healing and he had developed gangarine. She then put him in splints for 8 weeks. His legs never healed and she recommended that I put Max down. She said that dogs can survive well on three legs but not two. Just for this vet it cost $1800. I took him to another vet who specializes in small dogs and he said that he could put pins and plates in his legs and he would be fine. The only delay was getting the open pressure sores healed and the gangarine.

Whatever YOU decide to do with your pet is up to you. Don't let anyone pressure you into giving him up. He's yours and its up to you to make the decisions as what you want to do. When I was going through my problems with Max, that seemed to be the recommendation that I give him up to a Yorkie Rescue. He was my dog and I was gonna decide what to do with Max and because I loved him so much, I would not give him up to a rescue.

Sorry about the rambling. But give hugs and kisses to your kids.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!