View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #6
scout35
Yorkie Talker

Okay.. I just got off the phone with the vet.

I had to go in and place a towel over Scout for me to be able to pick her up. I checked to see if anything was protruding from her vagina and saw nothing, it looked pretty much as it did before she had the puppies. The vet told me if there was nothing protruding then she must have taken care of the after birth. She told me what signs to look for if something may be going wrong (and gave me the number for the emergency Vet if there is). She is in no way lethargic, her coloring is fine, and will eat if I hand feed her. The puppies are eating well and Scout is a very good mommy.

I will be bringing her outside to get some exercise and to get the bowels moving. I will also get what I need for the whelping pudding (I think that's what it's called..lol) but for this immediate moment, I will give her some cottage cheese.

The puppies are nice and warm in there little bed and are snuggling up to mommy as we speak. They are in a secluded room where they will not be disturbed unless I'm checking up on them.

Thank you everyone for such great advice! I couldn't have done this without the help of Yorkie Talk!!

Thanks again!
scout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!