View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #12
tammys
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breny View Post
Just curious on what other breeders do when pups come out gasping. I had one tonight that I just couldnt bring around. She was born with some weird looking placenta, if i had to describe it , it was like a bunch of little livers attached?? There was lots of blood but she seemed fine physically.

I suctioned and suctions, i swung, I rubbed over and over, and I did mouth to mouth. I did this repeatedly for over an hour and I lost her.

What am I missing? What could I have done different?

I had 1 pup get stuck by her head and I finally had to go in and rotate her. And got her out. she was gasping and I did the same on her but she came out of it.

I had another come gasping too. This was the last one born (all were breech but 1) breech with lots of fluids. I got her to come around too. But I had to work on them for a bit.

What could I have done different? what causes the gasping?

I never had them gasp like this so I'm hoping someone can give me some insight and possibly tell me what I can do if this happens again.

Thanks for reading.
Breny,

I am so sorry. You have had such a tough time.

Our first one was born gasping , but like the others said, I was able to bring him around too. That has to be so frustrating and scary, but I don't doubt you did everything in your could.

My heart just breaks for you and your babies.

Last edited by tammys; 07-16-2009 at 09:05 PM.
tammys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!