View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #8
kristy47
♥Sophie Belle's Mommy♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
If you can't afford the price of a pet from a reputable breeder, you very well may not be able to afford a Yorkie at this time,as the purchase price is so minimal compared to care abd Vet costs etc. Spay/neuter and dentals can be costly and will be required. A Yorkie gets sick you can't mess around you have to get into the Vets. Toy dogs often have teeth issues and they need cleaning sometimes annually sometimes every few years and done by a qualified Vet. This is all not very cheap.
Just search around this forum especially the sick and injured dogs to find out exactly the potential costs you could run into to properly care for a dog/puppy.
JMHO.
I never said I couldn't afford the price of the puppy. I understand about vet bills, believe me. I have 3 cats, two of whom were rescues, one was VERY close to death. The vet bills weren't cheap to get them healthy again and able to live in the house with our oldest cat who came from the Humane Society. Any animal that lives in my house comes before me or my husband because we consider them our children since we don't have any. We have an excellent vet in this area who has taken care of all of our animals and he does a great job from dealing with small cats to horses and livestock. And he doesn't charge as much as the vets in the larger city that is an hour away simply because he knows how people are about money here. I understand what you are saying, and I've done my research on yorkies, as well. I know what problems can arise and I'm prepared to deal with that and their normal vet bills. Plus, I know from experience with other animals that the price of the animal doesn't necessarily matter ALL of the time. And I plan to check out the place where I get my yorkie thouroughly and make sure to ask any necessary questions, too.
kristy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!