View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
He could just be marking your place

His aggression is due to not be neutered. I would have them both spayed and neutered. I am not a big fan of mixed, accident and nonchalant breeding (kinda careless IMO)

First off, get him neutered ASAP. It should help tremendously with aggression and marking.

As for the car, some dogs just don't like it. But my dog hated the car when he was in a crate, once I got him a seatbelt buckle so he would stay still but could still sniff out the window, he LOVES car rides. Make sure every car ride he goes on in the beginning is going somewhere good. You want him to associate the car with good things so bring a really yummy treat he would like every time he enters the car. Bring him to a positive place, like a park or something, let him see car rides can be good!

As for him being agressive and dominant, you need to let him know that is a NO-NO behavior. You/your girlfriend is his leader! If you google "Nothing in Life is Free" dog training concept, you will get really good ideas. When being fed... make him sit before he gets his meal, etc. Also, check out Cesar Millan. His show Dog Whisperer airs every day on National Geographic channel and he has a few really good books out. You can learn a lot from him. Or Victoria Stillwell from "It's Me or the Dog" on Animal Planet. I'm telling you... you can learn sooo much! There's been many episodes on both shows where a dog shows this type of behavior you're describing... YOU need to claim that couch and let him know it's yours... not his.

Last edited by Britster; 07-14-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!