View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
hillies
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Puppy Nightmares?

Has your yorkie ever had what you think is a bad dream or a nightmare?

The weirdest thing happened last night. Stella normally sleeps with us in bed for a few hours until about 4am, when she has to get up to potty.

Well, last night I was having a tough time sleeping and she's always up for a cuddle so I put her on my tummy and she fell asleep there. After about 15 minutes I could tell she was dreaming (her little paws and nose were just moving away like they do when she's having her puppy dreams), and it really startled me when a few seconds later she woke up suddenly with a really quiet sort of whimper/cry that I'd never heard before, and she seemed really startled. It took her a couple seconds to catch her breath and then she looked at me fearfully, the same way she does when she sees the vacuum cleaner come out (lol). I petted her a bit to calm her down and she went to the end of the bed and fell back asleep.

But then a few minutes later, I was still awake and she was having another dream. Everything was silent, and we had a loud fan on in the room which pretty much blocks out all the outside noises. She woke up out of a dead sleep and stood up, completely alert and started incessantly howling at the bedroom door. She had never done anything like that before (she's always sleepy for a few minutes after she wakes up).

So of course I freaked out, thinking someone had broken in or was outside, because she never barks except to tell me something. After having the fiance make sure no one was around, we all went back to bed and everything was fine for the rest of the night.

My question is, do you think these were bad puppy dreams? I've never seen a dog have a nightmare before?
hillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!