View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 02:47 AM   #176
manolos mom
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar Fan View Post
We recently aquired a Yorkie. He was a rehome. He was advertised as a 5 month old puppy. Instead, after getting him home, we discover he is at least a yr old since he has his adult teeth. We will find out more when we take him to the vet for his check up next Thursday.

Smokie came to us from a family with many small children, and a Great Dane. He also came with a crate. From what we were told, she had gotten him from another lady who claimed he had all his puppy shots and had been dewormed. But what can you believe but the vet in a situation like this.

Poor little guy - his crate was filthy and had a flat very smelly stinky pillow in it. That was thrown away and the crate cleaned up and replaced with a good doggie bed.

He minds very well. We train him with praise and treats. I use a natural jerky treat and when he is good, pottys outside, sits when i tell him, comes when i call him, or doesn't bark at neighbor dogs when we walk by, he gets a treat. He responds to this very well. I have a feeling he knows he has a home for good. He seems very happy here.

The only problem we have is he likes to charge mom's cat. So I have contacted an obedience trainer to see if they can help me teach him not to charge the cat barking and growling. And Smokie too would rather play with Gracie's cat toys! I read that on here, so I guess its not just him.

I know we are very happy to have him, he now has a good permanent home, and will be well cared for. We are very lucky to have found him.

What a cutie. Im so glad you found eachother...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!