View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 02:32 PM   #1
Care28
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Cry HELP...squinty eye

I haven't gotten to post a whole lot over the summer, I apologize for that. My grandfather also died almost a month ago....things have been really hectic and hard to say the least.

Anyway, Kelli was playing around on Friday. All of a sudden she yelped and was squinting her eye alot. It went away and she didn't do it again until Saturday, and now she hasn't stopped. She doesn't squint it all the time...she still plays, really doesn't act like anything's wrong. The only thing is alot of gunk has been building up in it, at times she'll let us get it out, other times she'll jerk her head and won't let us open the lid at all. She only seems to squint alot right after waking up or if someone even gets their hand near that eye. She acts scared like we're going to poke her in it.

I've read some of the posts here about scratched eyes, and while some of the way she's acting sounds like that's what it could be I just thought she'd be in more pain over it, I guess (not that I'm wishing that on her, heavens no, I was just trying to gauge exactly what it is). She really hasn't acted like anything has bothered her since it happened. She plays, barks, and acts like the normal Kelli.

I'm waiting for a call back from the vet, but my first thought was to come here and just talk to you guys about it. I'm just worried about her and sick to my stomach over it, I want her to be okay, I don't want her to have to go through surgery, she's led such a hard life. She was abused before we got her. I just want her to be okay.

Any reassurance would be so appreciated. It'd be much better than all the worried thoughts that are going through my head right now as I wait for this phone call.
Care28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!