Thread: New to yorkies!
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
goodnfunky
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Omg New to yorkies!

Hi, everyone (or anyone)! I am new to YorkieTalk & new to Yorkies. 2 weeks ago we had to put down our lab/pit mix (a rescue) of 13 years We were left with our 17 year old Bijon mix (also a rescue). Since we don't have kids & they had been together for 12 years, we decided we couldn't leave Sharky (17) alone in the house, so we started taking him everywhere. The day after we put Boy down, we went with Sharky to the post office & the Post office lady asked us if we wanted a Yorkie. We said, "No, thanks, we just put our dog down & we're not ready for another dog & we can't afford to buy one anyway." She said, "No, it's free. A lady my brother works with doesn't want it anymore." So we said OK & gave her our number. She called us that night & told us her sister saw the dog & wants to keep it! We though OK, it wasn't meant to be. The next morning she call & says, "If you want the dog, you have to go pick it up at my sister's right now!" We said, "What's the address?!?" When we went to pick him up, the woman brought him out to us like if he had the plague! Holding him way out in front with 2 fingers! He was shaking like a leaf & didn't want to go with anyone. We took Sharky & he wanted nothing to do with Sharky. Anyway, by that night, after being fed a human size plate of chicken & rice (he eats like a horse) & a warm bath & LOTS of affection, he was happy & playful & Sharky & Tiny (what we named him) are the best of friends! So we've had him about 2 weeks & there are MANY things I just don't know about these dogs! I have LOTS of specific question, but I've rambled on so long, I'd like to know that there's someone out there reading this that I can ask! Thanks in advance for ANYONE taking the time to read this! Sylvia
goodnfunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!