View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #9
robinannie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Puppies do not usually cry for no reason. You say you relieve them, is there a reason momma is not doing that? Are they crying when momma leaves the whelping box or when she is laying with them? Does momma have lots of milk? If momma has lots of milk they can over eat and get a tummy ache. If she does not have enough milk they could possible still be hungry. How warm is the whelping box and the room they are in? Did the crying start after the tails were docked? If you suspect is it a tummy ache I do recommend the malacon drops also.
Mommy is doing a great job relieving the pups. However when I was researching how to care for the pups I read that it is a good idea to do it daily with warm water and cotton balls just to be safe. Pups were 6.3oz & 6.8 at birth and 12.2oz &12.4oz now, they are 6 days old, I don't think they are hungry. They rn't searching for the tit when they R crying either. Mommy is very careful not to step or lay on them. I'm very careful with that. I've heard some very sad stories! Tails look good. Clean, healing very well. I think I'll try those Malacon drops, I'll go get some now. Thank U very much! Your help is greatly appreciated!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!