Thread: Doggie Day Care
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 06:45 AM   #3
JINANYC
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

My Lola adores daycare! She knows how to get there...she practically leads me and is running the whole way and her tail is wagging like crazy. She is put in an area called tiny tots...where she is with similar puppies/dogs of the same size and temperment. I always watch them place her in there and stand outside the room(its all in glass) to watch that she is playing and doing well. She always looks happy and is running around like crazy! By the time I see her photos midday and videos....she too is sitting by herself in the corner on one of the beds watching everyone playing. I think that she just gets her spurts of energy to play at different points during the day and is not a constant player. I also call up the daycare and ask about her frequently and they too say that she is just one of those puppies that do not play constantly all day long, but will play when she wants to.

You need to see if your little one enjoys going by how he acts when he gets there and if he is excited to be there. If he is happy to go there, maybe he doesnt want to play all the time. Lola runs up to every dog when we take her on walks and cries if the dog ignores her and doesnt want to play, but at daycare, after a bit, she just sits in the corner watching.

Give him some time there....he will be fine. Also, see if they can integrate him slowly...he may be overwhelmed. Lola was integrated slowly before she was put into tiny tots...I think that definitely helped her.

Good luck!
JINANYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!