View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #15
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole062005 View Post
UPDATE!!! Cole had his stent placed for his collapsing trachea a little over 4 weeks ago. I am happy to say he is doing GREAT! He has a little cough but I can't believe how much his quality of life has improved! I realize the recovery process can vary greatly, but I have to say this is the best decision I have ever made. I have read alot of comments regarding this surgery and realize there is quite a bit of negativity surrounding it. Cole was at a point where all the medical options had been exhausted and this was the last option before putting him to sleep. As much as I would love for him to live another 15 years, I realize that even another 15 days would be a better than had I not chose to have the stent placed. Cole and I could not be happier with the results so far.
Yes, thank you for the update. I'm delighted for you. Please don't take the negativity as a criticism for what you're doing. You had no option. I don't think anybody blames you. I would do the same thing in your shoes. My understanding is it is a last-ditch effort that many doctors don't consider any more. I'm absolutely delighted that everything looks good. You guys are in my thoughts. Please keep us posted.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!