View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
svt_geek
Yorkie Talker

My westie (Lucy - female) is outside because we thought it might help with Pepper's indoor behavior, and to be honest it has. I have went through periods of time where Lucy stays outdoors and periods of time when she stays indoors. She does equally as well in either position. She adapts very well and doesnt feel slighted if she doesn't get attention. The back yard is fenced in with grass and a couple of nice trees and she loves playing back there, chasing squirrels, chasing birds, etc.. so I thought it best to try and see if Pepper's behavior got any better with her outside. What I don't understand even more is why he won't have anything to do with her. She absolutely craves his attention and wants to play, he turns his head and acts like snob towards her. I do believe you are right though, he needs to be put back in his place by me displaying alpha behavior, I did this with my Westie from day 1 and she is very submissive to me but also is very loving of everyone at the same time. I think I have trained her well, maybe some of my techniques used on her will work on him, but I'm afraid it will not be pleasant for him or my fiancee because she has sort of babied him his whole life and he's going on 6 years old now.
svt_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!