View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
Jacqulyn
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_geek View Post
My fiancee is in the process of moving her stuff from where she currently lives into my house, and this includes her yorkie, Pepper. This dog has been great up until when she started visiting me for extended stays and it really got worse when she left him with me for a week so he could get accustomed to the new house. This dog now absolutely hates me. The entire week he was with me he peed on everything in the house (he's a male, not fixed). He has always notified her (and me when I'm visiting her) when he needs to go outside by barking, whining, and if need be licking one of us in the face if we are taking a nap. He now sneaks off and pees on everything. He marked his territory around pretty much the entire perimiter of the house on the baseboards, he peed on every piece of furniture I have (including the refrigerator), he peed on the curains, the carpet, the doors of the bedrooms, etc... Anything he can hike his leg on he does it. He has also become very aggressively possessive. Any time I get up from bed he moves into my spot and then growls at me when I come back to bed. We have been trying to correct this by telling him no and spatting him on the butt...has always worked in the past to correct his behavior according to her, however, when I did that this morning he bit me, drawing blood, on my arm. I will NOT tolerate an aggressive dog that bites, but it is not my dog. I have a westie that stays outdoors and I can guarantee that if she bit more than once she would be put down by the vet less than 30 mins after the second bite. I won't tolerate it. Neither of us know what to do about his behavior though, any suggestions??
My boy Little Bear (RIP) was the same way. I kept a wrap on him while indoors. No one was allowed around me. He never bit, but would guard me at all times if anyone was around, and if you walked toward me he would stand guard by barking and growling. I would suggest that you post this in the training section, I am not much help but thought I would let you know that I have been there to. Please don't consider having him put down. There is help out there. I would call around and see about getting him into obedience training.
Jacqulyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!