Thread: Socialization ?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
gramsof1
Yorkie Yakker

We got Tiki at 10 weeks on a Tuesday. She had a bath at the groomers the next day and she went to the boeling alley after. She has been everywhere with us since. She is totally socialized. She is the pet of Target, KMart and now WalMart. One funny story. One day at KMart, I was in the rest room and Tiki was with her Dad. She sits on a blanket in the pourse section of the cart. He told me that a lady on a scooter came by and she had a little basket on the scooter with a little white dog in it. the lady said to her dog, "look, there's another little dog", as they came upon them. Then her dog started barking. Tiki looked at the dog with her look of disdain as if to say, "What is your problem?" The lady took her dog off.. A bit later I was back with the cart and
Tiki. I ran across the same lady. She asked me if that was the dog her dog barked at. I told her it was and she asked me if Tiki ever barked. I smiled and told her, "not in stores. She knows better". She has had to learn to be on her best behavior as she has been in trtaining to be a service dog for me. She has now finished her training and is registered on the national register.
She is amazing!

Tiki's Proud Mom
gramsof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!