View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #8
KJLive
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osirisbaby View Post
ok so till what age should i keep him on half a cup per the entire day? and when should i switch to twice a day? this is my first yorkie so thats why im asking so many questions haha.
Look on the Wellness bag. It will give you guidelines on how much to feed at particular weight/age. Again, keep in mind these are guidelines and your dog may not eat as much or may require a bit more depending on it's energy level. Even though Sophie is at an age where she can have a bit more food, she only ever eats a total of 1/2 cup a day. As does Nancy, I keep food out at all times. If Sophie should go through her 1/4 feeding in the morning , I'll put a little more in her bowl until I add her second 1/4 cup in the evening. Many folks who have owned only larger breed dogs don't always understand the intricate nature of the smaller breeders, especially when it comes to feeding. They never had things like hypoglycemic episiodes to worry about. Do some research (there's many good past threads on YT), read up on the breed, the food your feeding, etc. This way you are armed with the proper knowledge when your friends are saying otherwise. You'll know you are doing right by your dog.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!