View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 06:10 AM   #142
Bellaandhelen
Donating YT Addict

This is such a wonderful thread- I have loved reading all the heartwarming stories!

We adopted our little Bella about 2.5 months ago from a rescue. The vet estimated her age at 2 yrs. I don't know much of anything about her history- only that the rescue got her from someone who "dumped her." The rescue had cared very well for her in the week or two they had her before I adopted her and when I drove the 5 hrs to pick her up, she came to me clean, spayed, and up to date on shots thanks to them. She was shaking and timid when I picked her up and it was a week or two before I actually heard her bark. It's been a beautiful process seeing her come out of her shell and become comfortable and happy in our home. She is now learning to play with toys, explore on our walks, play with the little chiwawa down the street and to be a spoiled little princess

I must admit that the adoption may have been even more a blessing for me than for her though...
When I first started thinking about adopting, I was having trouble with anxiety and since Bella has been with us, I am so much more relaxed and sleeping so well. (Now that Bella barks- she is my little alarm dog and I know she will alert me if anyone were ever to break in). Bella is such a little love! I wonder sometimes if she is even more loving and appreciative for the life she has now? I don't know all that she went through before she came to us- I think I'm a healing, calming influence on her, but I know she is healing and calming me- something my DH and I are so grateful for. As a first time dog owner- I had no idea what a huge impact such a tiny furbaby could have on our family and I am thankful everyday to have her in my life.
Bellaandhelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!