View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 11:22 AM   #6
spydergurl
YT 500 Club Member

This is why I groom my girls myself. I had to. My little Sierra would make herself sick when I used to bring her to the groomers. One time she had diarrhea for three days. Another time she got a bladder infection. I used to leave them for hours, poor babies. What was I thinking? Selfish, I guess. I just wanted to do some shopping while they were at the groomers, so I thought they were in good hands. Hah! Some good hands. In cages, all strange dogs around them, and most of the time it's pretty warm in there because of baths. And mine hate to be too warm. So, little by little, experiment by experiment, I started doing all of it!
Summer, I shave them because we have a lot of foxtails here. Winter, I let them grow out, but keep their faces, ears, feet and privates trimmed/shaved. The hardest thing for me is the nails. But I do it, just snipping a little off after their weekly baths, that way they are a little softer and easier to cut. And I never cut a lot at one time, so I don't make a mistake and cut the quick.
So, people, if I can do it, you can to. If it's better for our babies, I'll do it!
spydergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!