View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #12
mypreciouspups
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I never crate train.. what I do is have an xpen for nights.. that way I know they are safe.. I put a small crate in the xpen that is a come and go as they like.. a space for food water and always toys and a pp pad..
In the day time I give them for example my kitchen dining room with the back door going out to the yard.. a doggie door.. I never stress.. they get it eventually and some are just quicker learners then some..even gracie had her pp in the hall at night until after she was into her second year.. but no punishment.. she got it.. I knew she would..
My first three yorkies and dogs as an adult were resuces.. so I learned from the start.. patience is a virtue... and that in time they do get it..

Hope that helps... I do however make a big fuss when they use the pp pad or go outside.. I clap my hands like an idiot and say good girl or good boy.. and I make my voice so happy and excited..

I have mariska who is 6 months old.. used nothing but a pp pad and came back to Canada and with the doggie door off the kitchen.. we are also in the rv in the driveway due to renovations.. we made a gated area to the deck which leads to the yard.. and she is doing very well.. and we have been home a week..

anne
mypreciouspups is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!