View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #15
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi485 View Post
No refund. Yes he was supposed to be purebred. I wrote them a NASTY letter and left a message with the manager of the place where I got him....(yes I got him at a pet store) Forgive me....

I've learned my lesson not to "rescue" from a pet store EVER again. Learned a lot on this forum and wished I came here before, but then again I believe everything happens for a reason and that I was supposed to have this little guy in our home. He's brought joy to us - I just wanted some ammunition for rude people on the street who insist on telling me I got ripped off.
You posted this as I was typing my previous post so I did not realize he came from a pet store and not direct from a breeder. So, it was the pet store that made the comment about "just don't know who's jumping over the fence into the back yard." They probably have no idea about the place the puppy actually came from then. I think most of those pet stores buy from a third party broker and never even communicate with the actual breeder.

After reading a couple of these threads about people who have gone to all of the trouble and expense to get the DNA testing to determine if their dog is a purebred or not.... I am thinking it is probably a waste of time and money. If the test cannot tell if a dog is purebred, then these results that show just a little percentage of another breed are within the realm of what a purebred dog might test at. Am I reading all of their disclaimers right? I am disappointed with the testing! I would have thought it could tell a purebred. I am not sure why else people would want the test. If you know you have a mix, why pay money for the test? I think the company needs to make it perfectly clear that a purebred dog tested with their DNA test will not always show 100% of one breed.

It seems poorly bred is more of a problem than mixed bred.

Last edited by FlDebra; 06-17-2009 at 12:48 PM.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!