View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #10
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi485 View Post
Just got Sully's DNA back. He's 85-90% Yorkshire Terrier and 10-15% West Highland White Terrier... (must be why he's bigger)

So I guess that makes him a:

A Yorkland Terrier?
A Westland Yorkie?

Trying to come up with some creative breed name...JUST don't call my baby a mutt...he's very sensitive.

The place where I got him got a hell of an earful....their response...."sometimes you just don't know who's jumping over the fence into the backyard". Bunch of Morons.
It is the breeder's response that would have me livid -- I agree it was a moronic response! That shows they don't really have much faith in their own security when it comes to females in heat. Even though the "accident" probably happened several generations back, it would make me have little trust in the current breeder either. They are probably breeding dogs that don't meet the standard to start with.

But your big guy is very cute and I am sure he will bring you many years of joy! I know it can be disappointing to not get what you expect, especially when some of us waited a long time to get the Yorkie we had in mind. But all things seem to happen for a reason, and sometimes the pup that might be off in a standard or two is the very best pet of all.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!