View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysstall View Post
When we first got Lucky in March his skin was fine he was on Iams puppy food. We swittched his food after his doctor told us that his dry skin could be from the Iams. Hes now eating Royal Canin. His dry skin is starting to really bother him and the vet said to wait it out. He keeps going up against the walls because his skin is soo itchy. Ive checked for fleas and he has none. I rarely bathe him. I do take him to get groomed. I have no idea what else to do. I dont want want hurting himself just to relieve the itch.
Poor punkin'. If a dog is itching this badly, I would def. take him to the vet to rule out mites and other things. Skin issues are 1 of 2 things: either from an allergy, or secondary to disease. If disease (mites, or whatever) is ruled out, then you consider seasonal, environmental, or food allergies.

If it were me, I'd probably get him off the RC food bc it has corn in it, which dogs can be allergic too - if they are allergic to corn, they will itch a lot on RC.

The Vet Dermatologist I see says that when dogs are having skin issues, they should be bathed weekly to help decrease irritation and contact w/ allergens, using a shampoo geared toward their issue.

Where is he itching exactly?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!