View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 04:42 PM   #12
Angelfish
Yorkie Yakker

I am SOOOOO glad you have involved a professional trainer.I had a Japenese Chin who was 10 lbs fully grown, and took on any dog or person other than our imediate family. When we got him at 12 weeks and he was as sweet as can be. When he started showing signs of aggression we laughed it off, thinking it was cute to see a toy dog who thinks he's an attack dog. By the time we realized it wasn't just a show, he actually was a threat, I was unable to train him. After the first few times he bit my daughter's friends (I KNOW NOW it shouldn't have taken more than once) we put him in his crate when we had company. Even if we placed him in the basement in his crate he would not stop throwing himself against the sides if company was in the house. Needless to say, he was too aggressive to take him anywhere, he barked and growled the whole time! I should mention, we neutered him at 16 weeks, so that was not the issue. It broke my heart when he started to bite the kids and my husband as well. At the time he was 15 months old and we could not afford a trainer, and there were none closer than 70 miles anyway, so we took him back to the breeder. Anyway the point of this whole thing is don't laugh off aggressive behavior address it quickly before it is too late. An agressive dog IS NOT FUNNY!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!