View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 05:23 AM   #15
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Christine View Post
Ellie May,

Below is a copy of a quote from Dr. Ronald Schultz about the vaccination protocol he follows with his own dogs and his family's dogs. He has told me that if he gets any positive antibody result in titers for the MLV's (even a low one), he never vaccinates again. What Everyone Needs to Know about Canine Vaccines, Dr. Ronald Schultz
What Everyone Needs to Know About Canine Vaccines

My own dogs, those of my children and grandchildren are vaccinated with MLV CDV, CPV-2, CPI, andCAV-2 vaccines once as puppies after the age of 12 weeks. An antibody titer is performedtwo or more weeks later and if found positive our dogs are never again vaccinated. I have usedthis vaccination program with modifications (CAV-2 replaced CAV-1 vaccines in 1970's and CPV-2 vaccines were first used in 1980) since 1974! I have never had one of our dogs develop CDV,CAV-1 or CPV-2 even though they have had exposure to many dogs, wildlife and to virulent CPV-2 virus. You may say that I have been lucky, but it is not luck that protects my dogs, it is immunologic memory.
Hi Kris . So, Dr. Schultz doesn't do the one-year booster, is that right?

Also, can you confirm what exactly the changes are in Dodd's new schedule...we all weren't exactly sure.

And again, thank you so very much for always keeping us informed here, it is greatly appreciated.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!