View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #31
AddieLove
Loving Addie Since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston's Mom View Post
My Maemi is a puppymill rescue. April Fools Day 2008 I went to pick her up at a county shelter. She was rescued from a single wide trailer with 35 other dogs. Most were Yorkies, some didn't make it. Maemi was singled out to me because she was not quite 3 lbs and has only 3 legs. Poor baby look like a little drown rat, she was so thin, dehydrated, no hair, bad teeth, etc. I wasn't planning on keeping her, but her eyes never left my face. She still looks at me with those adoring eyes.

A year later, Maimi is a health happy 4 lbs joy. I love her to pieces. She is the best little Yorkie I could ever hoped for. Lately she figured how to run and chase with tiny toys in her mouth. It make my heart hurt to think that she never knew what toys were growing up. She has beautiful thick hair after months and months of deep conditioning, brushing, oiling (to help with all the black dead skin). Her teeth had been fixed, she stands so still every night for me to brush them.

I actually took her back to the shelter in Febuary, the lady that nursed her just cried. She said that Maemi was found in a little crate that was full of stuff, all the other dogs were pecking on her. The first 2 nights at the shelter, she couldn't even lift her head up to eat or drink.

I don't know how long she will be with me, the Vet thinks that she is about 7-8 years old. All I can say is I love her so much and could not think of not having her.

Here are 2 pictures, the first on is Maimi April 2008, the second was Maimi October 2008.
This story made me tear up! I'm so glad to see she's so happy and healthy! It's a beautiful story, and she's a darling little girl.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!