View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #15
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TresCutePiggies View Post
My "little" Lane is a rescue, and she weighs in around 8+ pounds.

We have had her for almost six months now. We rescued her just before Christmas last year. She came from a puppymill bust in Alabama where she lived in a rabbit cage with 2 or 3 other yorkies. She has come such a long way in the short (though it seems she's been a part of the family forever) time that we've had her. At first she had no idea what a dog toy was or how to play, the squeakers terrified her...now she loves her toys and is a crazy fetching maniac (thanks to "big" sis Rory!) for her special ball. She loves to chase ice around on the tile floors too - this is one of her favorite things to do in the morning...notable because of her shrieking play bark. The rescue told us that she would probably never want to play with our current dog (Rory) and that she wouldn't enjoy daycare and would probably just keep to herself and her crate...I am thrilled to say they were WRONG!

We have to give lots of credit to Rory for being the best "big" (Rory is actually younger) sister. She opened her heart and shared her toys, bed, food bowls and parents with her immediately. She has shown her the way in so many ways. Lane proudly enjoys daycare every day with her sister Rory and has definitely become a favorite there as well! I'm happy to say she seems happy to live the life she has always deserved as a spoiled little princess!

The first picture is from Christmas Eve...we had her for only 24 hours at this point in time, and I feel like you can see the worry in her eyes. The one with Rory is taken at daycare.
What a wonderful story I know just that look in their eyes, it just breaks my heart to see. But with the love we are able to give the fear turns to a twinkle and they slowly come around. Having Rory I am sure has help Lane to adjust to the live she was always meant to have.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!