View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #14
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Oh my, all of these babies are ADORABLE!!!

Of the five yorkies I have now, only one is a rescue (although I've been blessed to have had others over the years). Jordy is a biewer that was raised in an Arkansas puppy mill. He grew a little too large to breed, so the miller put him in an auction where the rescue group found him. He was 1 1/2 years old at the time. I first heard about him here on YT not long after joining, and just fell in love when I saw his picture.

The YT thread was a week or so old by the time I saw it. I figured he would probably already be adopted since he was so CUTE, but I just couldn't forget about him. A few days later I decided to look at the rescue's website and he was still there! I had to fill out an application right then. That same afternoon I got a call from the rescue and the adoption process began. I went that weekend (just before Thanksgiving last year) to pick him up. I couldn't believe they'd chosen ME to be his new mommy!!

Jordy has been such a blessing. He is loveable and loving, gentle (especially with the young pups), playful, smart and has the sweetest nature I've ever seen in a dog. He has adjusted well to his new home life. When I first brought him home he didn't know what to do with a toy, or what to think if I gave him a treat, but he figured those out pretty fast!! Now he loves getting his huggins and smooches, and wrestles the others for his favorite toys! I love my sweet little man!!

Thank you for this thread. I'm grateful for the opportunity to tell others about my biewer rescue, Jordy!
Attached Thumbnails
Who owns a rescue or rehomed Yorkie?-jordy-4.jpg   Who owns a rescue or rehomed Yorkie?-jordy-2.jpg   Who owns a rescue or rehomed Yorkie?-jordy-3.jpg   Who owns a rescue or rehomed Yorkie?-jordy.jpg  
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!