View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 05:50 AM   #22
TOY
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
Toy, it sounds like you're going somewhere.
I know who Tobie22's SB is...but not gonna tell & spoil it.
There is one person MIA...littlelady(?) so I wonder if she was able to send out a box at all. Really wonder if everything's ok over there...
Daizy/Tammy & Ting Ting/Mary...my sweet friends, I hope they get their box soon.
Anne, I really hope your boxes are waiting for you & your furbabies.

LOL.....no I'm not going anywhere...just some late night musings. I was just thinking how all this was coming to a close. I'm just a real sentimental person and got to thinking how everyone would scatter once the last boxes were opened.

Shoot, I don't even know (come to think about it)...do people still hang around this part of the board when a GE is over and the other one is yet to begin? I love YT but in all honesty, it was a bit (and still is a bit) overwhelming to me because there are so many threads and people, etc. I am getting better at finding my way back to where I'd been but it has been a challenge trying to find the "rest of the story" sometimes...LOL

You guys have to realize that I grew up in the "country" and the town I was closest to didn't even have a red light! I have absolutely no sense of direction and evidently that translates to "direction" on an internet Yorkie board, too...LOL (I would read about someone's Yorkie and then lose the thread and wonder about what happened, etc.)

I know you can subscribe to threads, etc. but that nearly drove me crazy! I felt like I was drowning in emails much like how I have to search the unnecessary papers to find a bill from the gas statement. Don't even let me get started on that...it's one of my major pet peeves! I don't want to know about a clock that runs on potatoes or a salve that lightens age spots...you shouldn't have to go on a scavenger hunt just to find how much you owe so you can write a check! When I'm in a "pest and protest" mood, I cram all those crazy advertisements back in my return envelope with my check...LOL...hmmm, haven't done that in awhile...need to start again. Plus, the same company puts their return address where mine should go! I've been known to black theirs out and write "when you pay for the stamp, you can write your address here" LOL (Ahhh, no wonder I found the kids in the classroom who got into a bit of mischief a bit more interesting than those who were always just so/so.... I loved them all but "really" enjoyed the ones who kept me on my toes and guessing what'd they do next!)

Anyway, that's why I don't subscribe to the threads anymore. It just got too overwhelming to find pages of email so I did learn how to navigate a bit better and find the threads I was most interested in following! BUT...it has been really easy to focus on this thread and know that in a time-crunch, I could hit this part of the board and be content to read what was going on.

I have really enjoyed this and look forward to the next sign-up and exchange. Is there any particular place all of my new friends "go" on the board when "school is out"? (I can't help it...guess it's this time of year but it feels like everyone will be scattering for the summer...LOL)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!