View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
sillyjacki
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Accidents, accidents, accidents

Hi all,

Hoping someone has seen this problem before and can help.

Roxy's 4, and she's (normally) incredibly well housebroken. Out of nowhere, she's started having accidents. She'll be walking across the room and all the sudden, she'll start peeing and squat. No sniffing (like normal), no planning. I can tell it really sneaks up on her. She then proceeds to feel terrible about it and she shakes and cowers like she's been bad. She even peed on our bed, which would NEVER happen normally.

She had done it 2x in one day last Friday, after peeing on the bed Thurs. night, so I took her to the vet on Sat. Normal blood, sent the urine off. The doc said she had vaginitis, gave her clavamox, and sent us on our way. I gave it to her and also kept her confined to an x-pen. Normally, she says in my bedroom/bathroom with the tv on and a pee pad in the bathroom.

Vet calls today, says the urine is fine. But tonight, as she's toweling off from her bath, she again starts peeing without warning on the towel she was just rolling on. That behavior is so unusual for her! She had also acted scared (shaking, etc) earlier in the evening, but I didn't find any pee.

All the normal stuff hasn't changed: same food, same schedule, same stresses and stuff. Don't know what else could be causing it.

Has anyone else had a baby with vaginitis, and did you see this as a symptom? Anyone have their pup frequently urinating without warning? Any guesses will start me on the right path.

Thank you for reading... I'm losing a lot of sleep over this!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!