View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #7
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
That was for Parvo, I think, which said 7.5/none needed (2003? or 2006? AAHA). But I believe the previous chart stated "Compromise/AAHA" and "every 3 yrs" for Distemper. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember the chart saying. Titers can give information as to whether a dog has ever been vaccinated, but doesn't really say much about cellular immunity.

A dog can show zero antibodies (humoral immunity), but actually have cellular immunity.
A dog can show having humoral immunity (the antibodies), but have no cellular immunity.
So, all titers reallllly do is help to confirm whether a dog has been vaccinated.
I administered vaccinations on puppies by 2 different manufactures....did titers showed one without immunity and the other with adequate immunity. Whether or not it had to do with the manufacturer....I'm not sure.

I'll do a comparison on the past chart I have and this one.....you could be right.

What I found interesting is that she does reference California, but then again since she's in Santa Monica that's why.

Last edited by Mardelin; 06-10-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!