View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
No, it's been that way after the year booster, nothing was needed. But, in speaking to my vet having tithers (and I'm not sure if that's spelled correctly) done every so often will evaluate your dog's immunity level. Now as we all know that just because the dog has been vaccinated it doesn't mean they can contract Parvo, etc.
That was for Parvo, I think, which said 7.5/none needed (2003? or 2006? AAHA). But I believe the previous chart stated "Compromise/AAHA" and "every 3 yrs" for Distemper. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember the chart saying. Titers can give information as to whether a dog has ever been vaccinated, but doesn't really say much about cellular immunity.

A dog can show zero antibodies (humoral immunity), but actually have cellular immunity.
A dog can show having humoral immunity (the antibodies), but have no cellular immunity.
So, all titers reallllly do is help to confirm whether a dog has been vaccinated.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!