View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #91
Buster Bailey
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default I regret the T-Bone!

When we got our yorkies, we (my husband & I) made a rule that the pups get NO PEOPLE FOOD - ever. Reason being, we didn't want them to be beggars, so they don't bother us when we're eating - and it works! They are 7 1/2 months old now, and we have stuck to this rule, with one exception that we REGRET...we rinsed off a cleaned T-Bone after my husband was done eating, and gave it to the pups. After all, both of us had given bones to our dogs when we were kids (of course they were not yorkies though), and we made sure there wasn't too much fat or anything on the bone. Our pups LOVED it, however, became very agressive around it after a while. Neither of them had ever shown any type of aggression whatsoever before that. We took the bone away after that, and the rest of the night was play, sleep, etc. The next morning we went to work & the pups went into their crate as usual. When we came home for lunch, our ENTIRE house smelled like fecal matter...SO DISGUSTING!!!! Something in the pups errupted (you can use your imagination here) in their crate & let's just say I had to take the afternoon off to get the pups cleaned up & the house cleaned & back in order. Everything was back to normal the next day. We will never ever give them any people food for their own good, and our sanity - I know they would become beggars that I couldn't say no to if they realized they could get some food from us at the table! Only dog food & dog treats for my babies!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!