View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #28
Sebastian Bach
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Vets and boarding facilities do not board pups without vaccines being up to date! I doubt seriously that Bordatella would cause bloody stools.
I have had pups get blood in their stools from eating grass...a blade of grass can cause bleeding. Once I had one with bleeding and he was one that does not eat grass. I finally figured out it was from sunflower seeds that my bird was tossing out of the cage!
Normally a little bright red blood in the stools is not really serious..I do hope that is the case here.
My mil had given copies of shot records to the vet (this isn't the vet she uses, but is the only place in our town that boards dogs). The dogs were up-to-date on all of their shots. The vet was only supposed to do the bodatella, but IMO she was just greedy and wanted to charge my mil for the other shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaNBoobear View Post
Hope by now you have the answers and your mil's baby is ok.

so... i was a "so inclined...." to pray person and this is prayer i said while Boo was in ER and we were waiting and dying inside.... ( I used to pray for my nuero docs too, that they would be an "instrument of healing").

God, Bless the Animals...
and especially those who are ill or injured.
Reach inside of them
and give them the understanding that
You are their ultimate
Healer and that You will
guide them toward their own
wellness. If there are
human beings that are
helping them in their
healing process, make
sure those people are Your
true instruments, God -
instruments of skill
and of kindness.
Thank You God
for caring for all sick
or injured animals,
always.
Amen

Thank you so much for the prayers. Our little babies sure mean so much to us. If you never had a dog to love it is hard to understand how a person could have so much love for an animal, but then once you find out how great that love is, you kinda wonder what is wrong with the people who don't have pets.

Quote:
Pancreatitis can cause blood in the stool (diarrhea) as well as blood in their vomit. You must withhold food from the dog but ensure the dog is hydrated. The pancreas is ingesting itself and causes severe pain. Get the dog to the vet immediately!
As my original post states the dog was at the vet while I was typing. I was just wondering if some fellow YT'ers could help ease my mind while I was waiting on word from the vet.

Our little Roxie is doing fine now. The vet thinks it was something the dogs got into, either while being border or shortly thereafter. She was given a shot and had a few tests run just to make sure. Then later that night her brother Gizmo (a shih tzu) had the exact same symptoms, and now they are both back to normal after a couple of days of lying around and resting.

Thanks so much for everyone's replies, and I am so glad it isn't something more serious. Worrying is kinda a hobby of mine, and my babies (skin and fur) give me plenty of time to exercise that hobby

Last edited by Sebastian Bach; 06-08-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Sebastian Bach is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!