View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #25
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaNBoobear View Post
In addition to ansewers & comments above:

BooBear just had a littel blood in her poos too. My vet is a very no-nonsense, pragmatic doc (not undereacting but not overreactign to things).

She said not to worry, "just a touch of puppy colitis...", gave us a minute amount of a liquid med called Metronidazole that I use a teeeny dropper with. The metered amount, at .03ml is so little that I just swirled it in nutracal and th Poo-problem cleared up in ONE day :-)

That being said -- my situation might be tad bit different -- I had just had Boo in the ER/ICU for what ended up being very bad naseau & gas, not a blockage. Little girl swallowed a gel cap. Not the insides, just the outside gelatin casing. So she had the test for Pravo, etc. Xrays, Ultrasound then later barium (sp?) contrast. She is fine but I nearly lost my mind last week.

Anyway -- we had 5 different levels of poo-consistency from hard to the runs w/the barium stuff and doc indicated that as poo-poo moves thru baby's little tract the end production will often be looser thant the beginning poop. "...The last drabs w/blood was not surprising and as long as it was not profuse, the meds woudl clear it up".... And they did.
yes colitis is a yellow jelly poop with a little blood in it. My dd had that after she was so messed up on metacam. Tylan powder is the lowest dose for diarhea metronidazole the second lowest dose so they gave us tylan powder but i used probiotics insteas as prefer natural and no more blood in poop - colitis if bad enough can affect small and large intestines and that is when they vomit as well in more severe cases of colitis. Colitis is from stress, from intestinal issues which nsaids like metacam and rimadyl affect the intestinal tract thus can lead to colitis like happened to my dee dee
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!