View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
segray
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Confused Vomiting after trying NV raw?

I recently inherited a 6yo yorkie. She seems to be in fine health (great, considering her age IMO)and came w/complete file of all vet records that didn't indicate previous conditions. She was eating a kibble that appears to be Beneful (came in a large ziploc). I remember research I'd done w/a previous pet about the benefits of raw and felt it would be in her best interest to change. Plus her coat and skin seemed a bit dry and she seemed like she could use a little pep (although I know that may just be her age).

So I bought a bag of the lamb and a bag of chicken medallions. I fed her 2 as suggested. SHE LOVED IT! The first evening went well. But the next evening she vomited within an hour. Graphic warning- it was pretty lumpy like a lot of it wasn't digested. I thought it might be just and adjustment so the next day I only fed her 1 w/a little of her regular kibble. She vomited again. So to give her a break we went back to her kibble for a day. I tried the half/half and again, same reaction.

I just seems so odd that she would have a harder time w/a soft raw product than a cheap grain filled kibble? I want to help her and give her the best but I don't want to ignore common sense either. What is really kind of sad is she loves the raw so much, and while she'll eat her regular she'll look down and then at me so disappointed, LOL.

Any ideas?
segray is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!