View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 08:46 PM   #14
hugs
Yorkie Yakker

Just a thought, but maybe if you acted more aloof Winston would actually start to want more loves. I know it workes that way for humans sometimes. We all have had friends at one point in our life who acted very needy and the one thing we wanted to do was have some space from that person no matter how nice or caring that person may be. But if the person starts acting like they have a life--then you actually miss feeling wanted and needed. I think dogs can be the same way. I'm in no way implying that you are "needy" but maybe Winston feels like he needs some space (even if you let him play on his own now) and the more you try to coddle him(beg to hold him or ask for attention), the more he'll probably want to avoid it. I could be totally wrong, but maybe you should just try to be busy and do something where you're preoccupied, like cleaning or reading or something like that where all your attention is on something you're holding. He just might get a bit jealous and want to be the "thing" held. Again, it's just a thought, but it might work.
hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!