View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
JenniLeigh
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unlove Kaia's really sick =(

We took Kaia to the ER vet around 2 in the morning because she started vomiting again but clearly, it was painful for her (and us) because we didn't know what to do for her. They injected fluids under her skin and gave her two shots, for her upset belly. We took her home and she vomited once more in the middle of the night, but seemed fine in the morning. She even ate some of the chicken and rice I prepared for her and drank water.

She played with Riker for a few minutes in the morning and my boyfriend and I were so thrilled to see her up again. However, Riker wouldn't take any water and barely ate any of the food. Both Kaia and Riker were napping, so I went upstairs to shower, and came down to see that Kaia had wet herself in her sleep. I tried to wake her up to get her cleaned off but when I picked her up, she practically went limp. My boyfriend and I rushed both the pups to our Vet. She checked Riker out and prescribed a few days of an antibiotic as a preventive in care whatever Kaia has is infectious, along with a bland diet (Hills I.D.)

When she started examining Kaia, I tried to hold back the tears. Kaia just laid flat on the examining table and our doctor felt tightness in her abdomen. They decided to keep her overnight to do blood work, fecal exam, x-rays and keep her on IV fluids and antibiotics. The blood work came back with all of her functions completely normal except her protein levels being low. Our vet said that if the protein levels dropped even lower in the morning, they'd have to do a blood transfusion. They will be calling me at 8 am. But, I'm so scared. I've literally scrubbed every inch of the floor and am cleaning all of their toys, beds, blankets etc. Riker, is walking around looking for her and barking (which he never does.) It's just breaking my heart. Please pray for Kaia tonight, I really need my baby back!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!