Thread: Maddie's sick
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
Connie
Loved by Maddie & Libby
Donating Member

Default Maddie's sick

My little Maddie has a bacterial infection in her stomach/intestines. It started out with diarrhea and then I was to give her pepto bismol and boiled hamburger and white rice, which helped a bit, but yesterday she started vomiting bright yellow liquid and her stools were full of mucous. The vet did the tests for parasites and that turned up negative. I was glad about that, but he said at least if it was that, we would know why she got it and treat it. She is now on a medicine and special canned food and hopefully that will get her back to par, but I guess I worry so much about her and her stomach has been touchy all along. Even when she is feeling good, her tummy will make these loud gurgly, squeaky sounds. The vet says she has colitis and I hope she doesn't hurt from that...I used to have that very bad and the pain was unbearable. Maddie doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain, but I've heard dogs are good at hiding their pain. Maddie will be 6 months next week and I have an appointment to have her spayed on April 6th and I will cancel that appointment if she isn't well and healthy by then. Does anyone here have colitis problems with their babies? Any suggestions? She's also a very picky eater...but loves the special food the vet sent home for her. She sure sleeps a lot since coming down with this. I have to work all day tomorrow and hate leaving her, but will come home at noon to check on her. My poor little sweetie.
Connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!