Thread: Sneezing Fits!
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #45
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Hi. Have an update on your pup?

It sounds like he's partially obstructed. I would be leary of giving him anything to try to get it to move, bc if it was going to move it would have been out by now. I would only be feeding him soft foods so as not to complicate things and cause a larger blockage.
On the xray, was any part of the obstruction in the pup's stomach? If it is, the vet may be able to remove it using an endoscope, it would also allow him to see what was going on.
On the other hand, if they did an exploratory surgery on him, they would be able to check the pup's entire intestine for anything else.
It's been so long now, I pray that more damage hasn't been done to the intestine or stomach.
The white poop you saw may have come from someting the cat ate, puked, then your pup ate it. Did you see your pup eating grass that day? Has he ever thrown up grass during this entire ordeal? Are your friend's cats indoor or outdoor cats? For example: The cat may have ingested a fish hook, and was able to puke it up in a hairball. If you pup ate that, the hook could have snagged on part of his intestine, preventing any further movement.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!